Wednesday, May 27, 2009

POW! Superhero songs! KAZZAM!


I promise to start taking this blog a little more seriously soon (I'm working on a longer post I hope to have up by the end of the week), but in the meantime here's something daft to keep things ticking over.

I've been spending a lot of time in the company of superheroes of late, mainly in novel form (allow me to recommend books by Andrew Kaufman, David Schwartz and Gregory Xavier Bolliard on the subject), although there were also a couple in the pub the other night.

Let's enjoy five songs from the land of bright-coloured capes.

The Heart Strings - Kids (Try Fly Blue Sky, 2008)

Albert Hammond Jr - Cartoon Music for Superheroes (Albert Hammond Jr, 2006)

The Jam - Batman Theme (In The City, 1977)

Tenacious D - Wonderboy (Tenacious D, 2002)

Spin Doctors - Jimmy Olsen's Blues (Pocket Full of Kryptonite, 1992)

No comments:

Post a Comment